Top Tips To Surviving Christmas Technology
We thought we would share our top five tips to surviving the Christmas break and ensuring your technology doesn’t let you down.
- Backup. Does your back up it work? Is it reliable? A wise man once said, “Your backup is only as reliable as the restore you perform”. Make sure that as well as backing up your data there is a plan in place to make sure that files and data can be restored in a timely manner.
- Don’t catch a Virus. At this time of year there are plenty of viruses around. Do you know how safe the Merry Christmas and Happy New year e-mail from someone you recognise is? Are you confident it won’t infect your machine or corrupt your files? Make sure you keep your Antivirus and SPAM filtering up to date. Set yourself diary reminders to do this regularly. There is nothing worse than catching one of these things just when you have a big enough to do list already.
- Avoid the freeze. Does your computer freeze just when you need to get some work done? Are your servers taking too long to boot up or access data, meaning even the simplest of tasks is taking far longer than it should? These are all signs of ageing, faulty or failing hardware. Know the signs and regularly check your event logs for any errors pertaining to these issues.
- Spring Clean. Time waits for no one so why wait until spring for a clean-up? Clear out that inbox and delete those old files and emails that you no longer need. Why not start the new afresh with everything you need all at your fingertips and easily accessible.
- Tighten the belt. Are you concerned that your IT costs are spiralling out of control? Does it feel like it’s one thing constantly going wrong after another? Now is the perfect time to have an IT Review so you can take control over your spending and start the New Year confident that you are only paying for what you need at a price that’s right for your business needs.
To contact us for your complimentary IT Health Check call us today on 01452 222 000